DepEd ORDER No. 15, s.2016
CLARIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO DEPED ORDER NO. 7, S. 2016
(School Year (SY) 2015-2016 End of School Year Rites)
To: Undersecretaries Assistant Secretaries
Bureau and Service Directors Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads All Others Concerned
- In relation to DepEd Order 7, s. 2016 entitled School Year (SY) 2015-2016 End of School Year Rites, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues the following clarifications:
a. For private elementary and secondary schools, technical vocational institutions (TVIs) and higher education institutions (HEis) including state universities and colleges (SUCs) and local universities and colleges (LUCs) – The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is The signature of the school head is required, while the signature of the Schools Division Superintendents (SDS) is not required
b. For public elementary and secondary schools – The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is required.
- Awarding of honors to learners from Grades 1 to 12 may be conducted during the end-of-school-year rites and shall follow the guidelines stipulated in DepEd Order 74, s. 2012 entitled Selection of Honor Pupils and Students of Grades 1 to 10 of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum, which shall remain in effect until SY 2015-2016. Furthermore, awarding of honors to learners from Grades 1 to 12 must observe the following:
a. Candidates for honors from Grades 1 to 12 shall be top ten learners whose General Average is 90 and The candidates for honors must not have a Final Grade or Final Rating lower than 85 and a grade lower than 80 in any quarter;
b. The General Average shall be computed up to three decimal places; and
c. To determine the top ten, learners shall be ranked using the 7-3 point scheme (7 points for academic performance and 3 points for co curricular activities). The titles for learners with honors including valedictorian, salutatorian, first honorable mention, and so forth shall be used for Grade 6 and Grade 12 graduates but not for Grade 10 In case of a tie, candidates shall be declared in the same honor ranking.
3. DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City 1600 liJ 633-7208/633-7228/632-1361 •636-4876/ 637-6209 4www.deped.gov.ph
- DepEd Order 8, s. 2015 entitled Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program states that the General Average is computed by dividing the sum of all final grades by the total number of learning areas in the grade level. For Grades 5 and 6 learners under the Basic Education Curriculum (BEC), the five subjects (English, Science and Health, Mathematics, Filipino, and Makabayan) shall be used until the duration of its implementation. This shall be followed for all succeeding reports in relation to learner’s promotion, learning progress, and achievement.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is
ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC