June 17, 2016
DO 42, s. 2016
Policy Guidelines on Daily Lesson Preparation for the K to 12 Basic Education Program
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. In line with the implementation of Republic Act (RA) No. 10533 or the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Policy Guidelines on Daily Lesson Preparation for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
2. Planning lessons is fundamental to ensuring the delivery of teaching and learning in schools. These guidelines aim to support teachers in organizing and managing their classes and lessons effectively and efficiently and ensure the achievement of learning outcomes.
3. Furthermore, these guidelines affirm the role of the K to 12 teacher as a facilitator of learning. Preparing for lessons through the Daily Lesson Log (DLL) or Detailed Lesson Plan (DLP) and provides teachers with an opportunity for reflection on what learners need to learn, how learners learn, and how best to facilitate the learning process. These guidelines also aim to empower teachers to carry out quality instruction that recognizes the diversity of learners inside the classroom, is committed to learners’ success, allows the use of varied instructional and formative assessment strategies including the use of information and communications technologies (ICTs), and enables the teacher to guide, mentor, and support learners in developing and assessing their learning across the curriculum.
4. These guidelines will remain in force and in effect unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded. All issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Download: DO 42, s. 2016 – Policy Guidelines on Daily Lesson Preparation for the K to 12 Basic Education Program